Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 61: Service and a Surprise Along with It!


Hey everyone!  

What a roller coaster of a week, with lots of ups and downs!

First off, we had a service project this week.  We helped dig holes and put old tires in them.  I know it sounds weird but that’s the best explanation I can give haha.  It was great serving which was the upside.  The downside was that there were a billion baby mosquitos and they seemed like they were starving or something because they just about had a feast on my legs, not my arms, ONLY my legs!  They were after the good meat or something, I don’t doubt it was due to my muscle-ly-ness ;) .  The next two days, I kept waking up in the middle of the night (around 2:30) with the worst sensation to just scratch my legs!  But don’t worry mom, I didn’t scratch.  I ONLY rubbed.  I tried just about every trick in the book to help them stop itching!  I rubbed on a mix of lemon water(Colombian trick, anything with lemon gets healed apparently), alcohol, lotion, I took a shower and rubbed my legs with soap, some powder, and anti-itch cream.  Yeah let’s just say I tried everything!  I was able to get some pills and some antibiotic cream to put on my legs.  They have been feeling better ever since!  So yeah I’m feeling great now :) 

My comp and I had one of the most amazing experiences happen to us this last week.  We were going to the chapel for a visit with Eliana and her kids.  They have their baptismal date for this upcoming week!  But when we got there, there was another guy there that just happened to show up on his own.  His name is Isidro P.  We started to teach him and Eliana at the same time about the plan of salvation.  After getting to our purpose here on the earth, we invited Isidro to be baptized and he accepted!  He then started telling us more personal things that have been happening in his life.  That he was separated from his wife and he hasn’t been seeing his daughter.  He said he’s been looking for an answer to all of it.  He started searching for God and one day he showed up at the church!  He then attended Sacrament this last Sunday.  I’ll never forget 2 things that he said to me.  One being after the sacrament was passed, he said it was the most beautiful experience he had ever experienced in any church.  It was the perfect time for the Spirit to talk to Isidro’s heart.  Second, towards the end of the meeting, he asks me, when’s my baptism? The 3rd of December? I responded yes.  He said okay, pulled out his phone and added the date on his phone calendar.  He told me he is excited! How amazing!  Our Heavenly Father prepares his children to receive the gospel.  I am so grateful for everything He has done for me.  And I’m so grateful for my mission!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  You’re all the best!

Love,

Elder Marsh



-Front and back of my legs from the bites!!









No comments:

Post a Comment