Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 43: Utahns have an accent???!!!

Hey friends and family!

Happy Fourth of July!  My companion, Elder Damiano and I have been super stoked for this day and it went super well!  So this week was a super successful week.  We were able to have a lot of lessons as well as references from the members!  The members are seriously so awesome here in this ward.  I am loving it!  We set up a baptismal date with an investigator named Sandy.  She’s super awesome and has been very accepting of the gospel.  She didn’t end up coming to church this week.  I’m not sure why.  I guess we’ll find out this week!

Diana, another investigator is doing really well!  Her whole family was able to go to church this week!  We were so happy that her husband came to church!  He told us that he really liked it a lot, so we’re super excited for him and the family!

Our area includes part of downtown Bogota.  Every P-day we get to go whenever we want and look around and buy some cool things!  Everything there is super cheap but really cool.  There’s like half of it that’s super rich and super nice, then you cross the main road to the other part, and it’s like a 180 flip!  It’s crazy! It’s a really cool experience! MY companion and I want to go back one of these weeks to take pictures.  I’ll have to send you all of them because it’s super sweet!

Three weeks ago I wanted to try an experiment.  I decided to cut my own hair!  It was hard as heck but it actually turned out pretty good!  I don’t know if I’ll EVER do it again because it was super stressful but we’ll see! haha Then just last night, I had Elder Damiano cut my hair! Double experiment!  It turned out really good though! It was a great companionship unity building project to gain some more trust! haha. We have a blast together!!

Today for the 4th we went to the temple!  I decided to show my American pride with the tie that I wore.  Later, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings!  We for sure thought we deserved everything American today because I mean hey, we can haha. BWW isn’t the same here, but it was still super good! haha!

Apparently people from Utah have accents.  My comp is from the Georgia and doesn’t have a southern accent but he actually didn’t grow up there.  He thinks that all of us from Utah have the same accent.  Which was really new to me haha. I guess we say ´´way`` a lot instead of so, or super.  So little by little I’m trying to convert him to the best Utah ways hahaha.

I’m having a blast here on the mission! Every day has its ups and downs but it’s so worth it!  We are working like horses ;) and doing everything we can to help others come unto Christ.  

I hope everyone has a great week and chooses the right!  And read Alma 36 this week!  I found a lot of answers and great things in this chapter!

Love and miss you all!

Elder Marsh


Temple grounds with Elder Damiano



Funny video of a dog outside our window

No comments:

Post a Comment