Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 46: COW STOMACH??!!!

How is everyone doing??  This week has been a pretty good week!

This week is going to be a little bit shorter, but we were able to find some new people to teach and help out Sandy as well!  Sandy is planning on getting baptized this upcoming Saturday the 30th.  It’s not a 100 percent surety that she’s going to get baptized, but we’re pretty sure.  We will do everything we possibly can to help her be ready.  I’m super excited for this upcoming week to see what happens!

We’ve been teaching Diana Velasquez for a little while.  We had a super awesome lesson with her about the Sabbath Day and she’s accepted to keep the Sabbath Day holy!  She hasn’t committed to baptism because she hasn’t been married yet, even though she will need to be married before she can accept the baptismal covenant.  She’s honestly got the sweetest soul I’ve ever met, and she is such an awesome lady. 

This last Tuesday, we had lunch with the Villalva family.  I am so grateful for them they are so generous.  They are members of the church and they live WAY up on the mountain.  They’re house is mostly made of metal scraps.  They don’t have any electricity.  For lunch we were given rice, garbanzo beans, and COW STOMACH??!!!  I couldn’t help but think about the last time I ate cow liver and got super sick at the beginning of my mission.  I just couldn’t bring myself to eating it.  I was afraid of getting sick again!  I knew my comp wouldn’t eat it either so I typed a text on mission phone saying ´´paseme su carne´´ (pass me your meat).  When they weren’t looking :/, Elder Sotowski threw the cow stomach on my plate, and I put it in a rag and threw it in my bag.  Phew!!! That was close! When we left the house, I decided to leave it somewhere on the road so a cat would eat it! ;)  It was super funny!  My companion thought it was the funniest thing he’s ever experienced (haha).

Anyways, we have a family home evening tonight with Sandy!  Things should run smooth!  I love you all and hope you’re all being safe!


Elder Marsh



Hermano Villalva, he is a shoe shiner

The view from their house in the mountains.

Eating COW STOMACH!! Just kidding!



No comments:

Post a Comment