Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 45: Patience is a virtue!

Hey everyone! This was a pretty good week with my new Companion!
My companions name is Elder Sotoski and he’s from Brazil!!  He is an awesome guy!  We work really well together and I am super grateful for the chance that I have to be able to teach him the ways of the mission!

This week, not a ton of stuff happened.  On Tuesday, I had to go to the Mission Presidents house to have a training meeting and pick up my new companion.  I had to wait like 8 hours to be able to find out who my comp was, and when they announced who our companions were, President Baquerizo said that my comp wasn’t going to be arriving until Wednesday at 3:30.  After the whole day of anxiously waiting, I had to wait a whole other day! haha I was super excited to meet my new companion.  I could see that the Lord was truly testing my patience! haha! But I met him!  He’s just starting to speak Spanish, so a lot of the time he will throw a lot of Portuguese in there and it confuses me! haha but it’s great, because I’m starting to learn Portuguese as well! haha!

We have this thing called 12 semanas (weeks) that we use to help out the new missionaries, and I challenged Elder Sotoski to put a baptismal date in the first lesson.  Last night we had the chance to put a date, and my stud of a comp totally did it without any fear! It was awesome!!  Can’t wait for what’s ahead!

We ended up giving Sandy a new baptismal date for the 30th of July.  I explained that it was my boy- Elder Wilson’s birthday and that she needed to make that day a special one!  I don’t think she thought it was as funny as I did!

This upcoming week should be a good one!  I’m excited to see what happens!


Love you all and I hope you keep reading your scriptures!


-Elder Marsh



My new companion, Elder Sotoski!

"Yummy Peanut Butter!" (Thanks Almond Family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment