Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 2

Hello! 

Things are going well!  The language is getting much better but it’s still so hard trying to talk with the Latinos!  It gets really frustrating at times but I just have to remember that the Lord will help me as long as I am doing my best. 

I had a cool experience this week.  I was able to give my companion a priesthood blessing.  It was my first blessing.  I was so nervous because I had to say the first part in Spanish and then the actual blessing in English.  I could feel the spirit so strong.  My companion was so thankful for that and I was really excited to get my first blessing out of the way! 

One of my favorite parts of the week was when we got to go outside the fence!! (the building is surrounded by a secure fence).  We went proselyting for about an hour the other day.  It made me want to get out in the mission field as soon as possible, except with perfect Spanish would be nice hahaha.  Every p-day (preparation day) we get to go to the temple which is really cool.  Today the session was in Spanish and I felt so lost.  I picked up a few words here and there but that was pretty much it.  Right after the temple everyone going to a Colombian mission had to go to immigration.  Boy is the city scary!  Everyone is so nice but sometimes when you make awkward eye contact with them they look like they're angry with you haha.  I try to let as many people know that my grandparents are from Colombia so that they don't think I'm just an average American (haha) and hopefully that makes them like me more ;).  Anyways, all of the classes the next four weeks will be in Spanish only, so wish me luck!  Have fun,  miss you all!


-Elder Marsh



No comments:

Post a Comment